These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement. Where we use the word ‘you’ or ‘your’ it means the Customer: ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Remover. These terms and conditions can be varied or amended subject to prior written agreement. Your attention is drawn to Clauses 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12 which set out our liability to you for loss of or damage to goods and property. Before placing an order, requesting a quote or making a booking, please read through these terms and conditions and print a copy for future reference. By placing an order or making a booking, regardless of the method used to make the booking, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1 Our Quotation
- 1.1 Our quotation, unless otherwise stated, does not include customs duties and inspections or any other fees or taxes payable to government bodies. It does include us accepting liability for your goods, subject to clauses 2.2, 3.2, 5.2, 5.3 and the provisions of Clauses 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 1.2 We may change the price or make additional charges if circumstances are found to apply which have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation and confirmed by us in writing. These include:
- 1.2.1 You do not accept our quotation in writing within 28 days, or the work is not carried out or completed within three months.
- 1.2.2 Our costs change because of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- 1.2.3 The work is carried out on a Saturday, Sunday, or Public Holiday or outside normal hours (08.00-18.00hrs) at your request.
- 1.2.4 We have to collect or deliver goods at your request above the ground floor and first upper floor. Unless agreed.
- 1.2.5 If you collect some or all of the goods from our storage. we are entitled to make a charge for handing them over.
- 1.2.6 We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods (these conditions apply to such work).
- 1.2.7 The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 10 metres of the doorway.
- 1.2.8 We have to pay parking or other fees such as congestion or toll charges or charges in order to carry out services on your behalf.
- 1.2.9 There are delays or events outside our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time allowed to complete the agreed work.( over 3 hour key waiting period )
- 1.2.10 We agree in writing to increase our limit of liability set out in clause 9.1.1
- 1.3 In any such circumstances, adjusted charges will apply and become payable.
- 1.4 We reserve the right to change the price or quotation prior to an order being placed or a booking made. In the event of this occurring we will inform you, and you have the right not to proceed with placing an order or making a booking.
- 1.5 Although we do not usually request a deposit to be made in order to secure a booking, we do reserve the right to request a deposit. At our discretion, this may be in the form of part-payment on the day of removal, by cleared funds and before the service is commenced. Deposits are non-refundable.
2 Work not included in the quotation
- 2.1 Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- 2.1.1 Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture (flat-pack), fitments or fittings.
- 2.1.2 Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment, including but not limited to, washers, dryers, dishwashers, cookers, fridges, freezers, televisions, electrical goods and other white goods.
- 2.1.3 Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- 2.1.4 Move items from a loft, unless properly lit and floored and safe access is provided.
- 2.1.5 Move or store any items excluded under Clause 5.
- 2.2 Our staff are not authorized or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a properly qualified person is separately employed by you to carry out these services.
3 Your responsibility
- 3.1 It will be your sole responsibility to:
- 3.1.1 Declare to us, in writing, the value of the goods being removed and/or stored. If it is subsequently established that the value of the goods removed or stored is greater than the actual value you declare, you agree that our liability under clause 9.1 will be reduced to reflect the proportion that your declared value bears to their actual value.
- 3.1.2 Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, consents, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- 3.1.3 Be present or represented during the collection and delivery of the removal.
- 3.1.4 Ensure authorized signature on agreed inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents by way of confirmation of collection or delivery of goods.
- 3.1.5 Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
- 3.1.6 Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
- 3.1.7 Prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- 3.1.8 Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- 3.1.9 Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
- 3.1.10 Allow us to carry out our responsibilities. Should you assist with any aspect of the moving of items and damage is caused during this assistance then no liability shall be held by us.
- 3.1.11 Provide us with any information reasonably required, to assist with the free movement of items to be moved, and to advise of any special requirements or care of particular items.
- 3.1.12 We would cover carpets but if you feel our covers are not enough then you are to arrange for suitable protection or coverings for carpets and other floor coverings.
- 3.1.13 Ensure there is suitable parking available within 10 meters of an appropriate doorway.
- 3.1.14 Comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties.
- 3.1.15 Dismantle any items that were previously assembled in the room the item is in, due to the size, weight or nature of the item prohibiting it being able to be moved into, out of, and throughout the property without being dismantled, unless agreed by us in writing.
- 3.1.16 Ensure that the goods are adequately packed or packaged for Transportation.
- 3.2 Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
- 3.3 We reserve the right to refuse or stop the service or job, at any point, if our staff are abused, verbally or otherwise.
- Our responsibility
- 4.1 It is our responsibility to deliver your goods to you, or produce them for your collection, undamaged. By "undamaged" we mean in the same condition as they were in at the time when they were packed or otherwise made ready for transportation and/ or storage.
- 4.2 In the event that we have undertaken to pack the goods, or otherwise make them ready for transportation and/or storage, it is our responsibility to deliver them to you, or produce them for your collection, undamaged. Again, by "undamaged" we mean in the same condition as they were in immediately prior to being packed/ made ready for transportation or storage.
- 4.3 If we fail to discharge the responsibilities identified in clause 4.1 and 4.2, we will, subject to the provisions of clauses 9, 11 and 12, be liable under this agreement to compensate you for such failure.
- 4.4 We will not be liable to compensate you where clauses 2.2, 3.2, 5.2 and 5.3 apply unless loss or damage occurred as a result of negligence or breach of contract on our part.
- 4.5 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods, or if you do not require us to accept standard liability pursuant to clause 9.1 we will not be liable to you for failure to discharge the responsibilities identified in clause 4.1 and 4.2, unless that failure was caused by negligence or breach of contract on our part.
- 4.6 The amount of our liability under this clause shall be determined in accordance with clauses 9 and 11.
- Goods not to be submitted for removal or storage
- 5.1 Unless previously agreed in writing by a director or other authorized representative, the following items must not be submitted for removal or storage and will under no circumstances be moved or stored by us. The items listed under 5.1.1 below may present risks to health and safety and of fire. Items listed under 5.1.2 to 5.1.6 below carry other risks and you should make your own arrangements for their transport and storage.
- 5.1.1 Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
- 5.1.2 Jewelry, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of any similar kind unless secured in boxes or lock boxes.
- 5.1.3 Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- 5.1.4 Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- 5.1.5 Any animals, birds or fish.
- 5.1.6 Goods which require special license or government permission for export or import.
- 5.2 If we do agree to remove such goods, we will not accept liability for loss or damage unless we are negligent or in breach of contract, in which case all these conditions will apply.
- 5.3 If you submit such goods without our knowledge we will make them available for your collection and if you do not collect them within a reasonable time we will apply for an appropriate court order to dispose of any such goods found in the consignment without notice. You will furthermore pay to us any charges, expenses, damages, legal costs or penalties incurred by us.
- Ownership of the goods
- 6.1 By entering into this Agreement, you guarantee that:
- 6.1.1 The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or
- 6.1.2 The person(s) who own or have an interest in them have given you authority to make this contract and have been made aware of these conditions.
- 6.1.3 You will pay us for any claim for damages and/or costs brought against us if either warranty 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 is not true.
- Charges if you postpone or cancel the removal
- 7.1 If you postpone or cancel this Agreement, at our discretion we may charge you according to how much notice is given. "Working days" refer to the normal working week of Monday to Friday and excludes weekends and Public Holidays.
- 7.1.1 More than 10 working days before the removal was due to start: No charge.
- 7.1.2 Between 3 and 10 working days inclusive before the removal was due to start: not more than 50% of the removal charge.
- 7.1.3 Less than 3 working days before the removal was due to start: not more than 80% of the removal charge.
- 7.2 You will not benefit from a right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
- 8.1 Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing:
- 8.1.1 Payment is required by cleared funds immediately upon completion of the removal or in advance of the storage period.
- 8.1.2 You may not withhold any part of the agreed price. This will also apply if there has been any loss, damage, breakage or if there is any dispute between you and us.
- 8.1.3 In respect of all sums which are overdue to us, we will charge interest on a daily basis calculated at 4% per annum above the prevailing base rate for the time being of the Bank of England.
- 8.1.4 Cheques are not accepted as a form of payment.
- Determination of amount of our liability for loss or damage
- 9.1 Standard Liability.
- 9.1.1 If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods, and subject to clause 3.1.1, the amount of our liability to you in the event of loss or damage to those goods in breach of clause 4 will be determined in accordance with Clauses 9.1.2, 9.1.3 and 11 below, subject to a maximum liability of £20,000. We may agree to accept liability for a higher amount, in which case we may make an additional charge.
- 9.1.2 In the event of loss of or damage to your goods in breach of clause 4, our liability to you is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement whichever is the smaller sum, taking into account the age and condition of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage, and subject to the maximum liability of £20,000 referred to in clause 9.1.1 (unless we have agreed a higher amount with you).
- 9.1.3 Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or set, our liability to you, where it is assessed as the cost of replacement of that item, is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of that item in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set.
- 9.2 Limited Liability.
- 9.2.1 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value, or if you do not require us to accept Standard Liability pursuant to clause 9.1, then our liability to you is to be determined in accordance with Clauses 9.1.3, 9.2.2 and 11.
- 9.2.2 In the event of loss of or damage to your goods caused by negligence or breach of contract on our part, our liability to you is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account their age and condition immediately prior to their loss or damage, subject to a maximum liability of £40 per item. Your attention is drawn to clause 11.1 which applies to Limited Liability.
- 9.3 For goods destined to or received from a place outside the UK
- 9.3.1 We will only accept Standard Liability if you provide us with a detailed valuation of your goods on the valuation form which we provide. All other provisions of Clause 9.1 will apply.
- 9.3.2 We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract.
- 9.3.3 We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to goods occurring in certain overseas countries, including Gambia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Libya, Lebanon, Angola, Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea and Former States of the USSR, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. This list is not exhaustive, and we will advise you at the time of quotation if this exclusion applies.
We will accept liability for loss or damage
(a) arising from our negligence or breach of contract whilst the goods are in our physical possession, or
(b) whilst the goods are in the possession of others if the loss or damage is established to have been caused by our failure to pack the goods to a reasonable standard where we have been contracted to pack the goods that are subject to the claim.
In either circumstance clause 9.1 or 9.2 above will apply.
- 9.4 An Item is defined as :-
- 9.4.1The entire contents of a box, parcel, package, carton, or similar container; and
- 9.4.2 Any other object or thing that is moved, handled or stored by us.
- Damage to premises or property other than goods
- 10.1 Because third party contractors are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery our liability for loss or damage is limited as follows:
- 10.1.1 If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only.
- 10.1.2 If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where to move the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable.
- 10.1.3 If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must notify us in writing as soon as practically possible or within a reasonable time. This is fundamental to the Agreement.
- Exclusions of liability
- 11.1 In respect of Limited Liability, we will not be liable for loss of or damage to your goods as a result of fire or explosion howsoever that fire or explosion was caused, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract.
- 11.2 In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the following goods :-
- 11.2.1 Bonds, Securities, Stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts or other Documents or Electronically held Data Records, Mobile Telephones
- 11.2.2 Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- 11.2.3 Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- 11.2.4 Furs exceeding £100 in value, Jewelry, Watches, Precious Stones and Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds.
- 11.2.5 Any animals, birds or fish.
- 11.3 In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances:-
- 11.3.1 By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- 11.3.2 Loss or damage arising from ionizing radiations or radioactive contamination
- 11.3.3 Loss or damage arising from Chemical, Biological, Bio-chemical, Electromagnetic Weapons and Cyber Attack
- 11.3.4 Indirect or consequential loss of any kind or description
- 11.3.5 By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- 11.3.6 By vermin, moth, insects and similar infestation, damp, mold, mildew or rust
- 11.3.7 By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out.
- 11.3.8 By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions.
- 11.3.9 For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us.
- 11.3.10 Loss of or damage to china, glassware and fragile items unless they have been both professionally packed and unpacked by us or our Subcontractor. In the event of an accident involving an owner packed container where damage would have occurred irrespective of the quality of the packing, then our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value whichever is less.
- 11.3.11 For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
- 11.3.12 Loss or damage of motor vehicles caused by scratching, denting and marring unless you obtain from us a pre-collection condition report.
- 11.3.13 Loss or damage to a vehicle whilst being driven or for the purpose of being driven under its own power other than for the purpose of loading onto or unloading from the carrying conveyance or container. Loss or damage sustained by accessories and removable items unless lost with the vehicle
- 11.3.14 For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- 11.3.15 We will have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage caused by us in the course of dismantling or reassembling self-assembly furniture, or any other furniture that we decide needs dismantling or reassembling.
- 11.3.16 We will have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage to Goods caused by ordinary loss in weight or volume, ordinary leakage, ordinary wear and tear, inherent vice or nature of the Goods.
- 11.3.17 We will have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage to Goods caused by delay.
- 11.4 No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this Agreement.
- 11.5 Our liability will cease upon handing over goods from our warehouse or upon completion of delivery (see Clause 12.2 below).
- 11.6 We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by you howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
- 11.7 Advice and information in whatever form it may be given is provided by us for you only. Any oral advice given without special arrangement is provided gratuitously and without contractual liability.
- 11.8 In the event of claim, an administration charge of £100.00 for goods in transit claims and a separate administration charge of £250.00 for public liability claims must be paid by you. We will have no liability to reimburse the administration charge to you under any circumstances, whether liability for any loss or damage has been accepted by us or not.
- 11.9 Should you not accept our recommendations then the items to be moved are moved at your risk. We will not be liable for any damage caused whilst the item to be moved is under your supervision.
- 11.10 Liability for damage will only be accepted if it may be proven without reasonable doubt, we have been negligent in the manner in which we have conducted the move.
12 Time limit for claims
- 12.1 For goods which we deliver, you must notify us in writing of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery.
- 12.2 If you or your agent collect the goods, you must notify us in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to you or your agent.
- 12.3 Notwithstanding clauses 9, 10 and 11 we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods unless a claim is notified to us, or to our agent or the company carrying out the collection or delivery of the goods on our behalf, in writing as soon as such loss or damage is discovered (or with reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered) and in any event within seven (7) days of delivery of the goods by us.
- 12.4 The time limit for notifying us of your claim may be extended upon receipt of your written request provided such request is received within seven (7) days of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld.
13 Delays in transit
- 13.1 Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for delays in transit.
- 13.2 If through no fault of ours we are unable to deliver your goods, we will take them into store. The Agreement will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense.
14 Our Right to Hold the Goods (lien)
We shall have a right to withhold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and any other payments due under this or any other Agreement. (See also Clause 23). These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred by our withholding your goods and these terms and conditions shall continue to apply.
If there is a dispute arising from this agreement which cannot be resolved, subject to the agreement of both parties, either you or we may refer the dispute to an arbitrator appointed by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. The cost of any such arbitration will be at the discretion of the arbitrator. This does not prejudice your right to commence court proceedings.
16 Our right to sub-contract the work
- 16.1 We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
- 16.2 If we sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply.
17 Route and method
- 17.1 We have the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work.
- 17.2 Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on our vehicles and/or the container may be utilized for consignments of other customers.
18 Advice and information for International Removals
We will use our reasonable endeavors to provide you with up to date information to assist you with the import/export of your goods. Information on such matters as national or regional laws and regulations which are subject to change and interpretation at any time is provided in good faith and is based upon existing known circumstances. It is your responsibility to seek appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any information provided.
19 Applicable law
This contract is subject to the law of England and Wales.
20 Your forwarding address
- 20.1 If you send goods to be stored, you must provide an address for correspondence and notify us if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be considered to have been received by you seven days after sending it to your last address recorded by us.
- 20.2 If you do not provide an address or respond to our correspondence or notices, we may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to or from which the goods were removed. Such notice will be considered to have been received by you seven days after the publication date of the newspaper. Note: If we are unable to contact you, we will charge you any costs incurred in establishing your whereabouts.
21 List of goods (inventory) or receipt
Where we produce a list of your goods (inventory) or a receipt and send it to you, it will be accepted as accurate unless you write to us within 10 days of the date of our sending, or a reasonable period agreed between us, notifying us of any errors or omissions.
22 Revision of storage charges
We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 3 months notice in writing of any increases.
23 Our right to Sell or dispose of the Goods
If payment of our charges relating to your goods is in arrears, and on giving you three months’ notice, we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our custody and pay all money due to us. If you fail to pay all outstanding amounts due to us, we may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds will be credited to your account and any eventual surplus will be paid to you without interest. If the full amount due is not received, we may seek to recover the balance from you.
If payments are up to date, we will not end this contract except by giving you three months notice in writing. If you wish to terminate your storage contract, you must give us at least 10 working days’ notice (working days are defined in Clause 7 above). If we can release the goods earlier, we will do so, provided that your account is paid up to date. Charges for storage are payable to the date when the notice should have taken effect.
You agree that email and other electronic communications can be used as a long-distance means of communication and acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
To be eligible to request a quotation, or place an order or make a booking, and lawfully enter into and form contracts with us, you must be 18 years of age or over and legally capable of entering into a binding contract. If you do not qualify, you must not request a quotation, or place an order or make a booking.
27 Force Majeure
- 27.1 We shall have no liability for delays or failures in delivery or performance of our obligations to you resulting from any act, events, omissions, failures or accidents that are outside of our control ('Force Majeure'), which, without limitation, include:
- 27.1.1 Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- 27.1.2 Shortages of labor, fuel, power, raw materials.
- 27.1.3 Late, defective performance or non-performance by suppliers.
- 27.1.4 Private or public telecommunication, computer network failures, breakdown of equipment, breakdown of vehicles or work tools.
- 27.1.5 Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- 27.1.6 Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or extreme weather conditions.
- 27.1.7 Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 27.1.8 Other causes, beyond our reasonable control.
- 27.2 Our performance will be deemed to be suspended for the period that the event of Force Majeure continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavors to minimize any delay caused by Force Majeure. We shall promptly notify you either by phone, in writing or by email of any Force Majeure event giving details of it and (where possible) the extent and likely duration of any delay.
- 27.3 Where the period of non-performance or delay in relation to any event of Force Majeure exceeds 30 days from the date of notice to you of the event of Force Majeure, either you or us may, by written or email notice to the other, terminate the Contract with immediate effect upon service.
- 27.4 In the event that a Force Majeure event occurs, we may, at our discretion, try to assist you by attempting to find an alternative Supplier, in order to minimize the impact of the Force Majeure event. No guarantee of price or terms and conditions of the alternative Supplier can be made. If you decide to use that alternative Supplier or make your own alternative arrangements, rather than allowing us our extension of time for performance of our obligations, the contract with us is terminated with immediate effect upon service. We shall have no further liabilities in this respect.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website; by using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
(2) These terms and conditions
These terms and conditions were made using an SEQ Legal precedent created for http://www.template-contracts.co.uk and available on http://www.website-law.co.uk.
(3) License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, A1 removals ltd or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; and
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
(4) Acceptable use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
(7) Limited warranties
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
(8) Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
(10) Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
(14) Exclusion of third-party rights
These terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
(15) Entire agreement
(16) Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
(18) Our details
The business name is A1 Removals ltd and A1 Delivery ltd
The website is designed by, operated by and is owned by A1 Removals ltd and A1 Delivery ltd
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of requesting a quote from us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- deal with internal record keeping.
- improve our products and services.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(10) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(11) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.